The Community Service Award honors PTs and PTAs who demonstrate a commitment to health and wellness-based community service by addressing issues related to societal welfare. This award recognizes individuals who demonstrate the physical therapy core values of compassion, social responsibility, and altruism through a commitment towards philanthropic activity, raising awareness of social determinants of health, and the needs of marginalized populations. The recipients will inspire patients, clients, students, and communities by demonstrating how physical therapy can impact community needs.
- Nominees must be PTs/PTAs who are members of the Virginia chapter of the APTA; and
- Nominees must have made distinguished contributions to the improvement of the health and wellness of the community through volunteerism.
At minimum, a certificate will be presented to the recipient by APTA-VA’s Board of Directors at an APTA-VA event and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee;
- A letter of nomination that specifically focuses on the humanitarian work of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 2 pages; and
- A list of volunteer work including time spent volunteering in health and wellness.
Nominations must be submitted by February 1 to be considered.
For questions regarding the nomination process or an award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
No history yet. It's new for 2023! Let's award this to someone deserving!