Chosen annually, APTA Virginia honors members who have made exceptional contributions to the advancement of physical therapy through research, performance, leadership, and innovation.
The awards acknowledge the association’s appreciation of the inspiring contributions that have lasting impact, demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, and deliver exceptional results in physical therapy.
“The depth and breadth of last year’s winners are a testament to the innovative and inspiring work being done across our field, and the commitment our members bring to their patients each and every day.”
- Tony Grillo, APTA Virginia President
In 2018, the Board closely examined the financial landscape of the association. In doing so, they felt it prudent to put a 3-year freeze on all monetary-based awards and scholarships. While the Board recognizes the value of awards and scholarships to members, they are also aware of their fiduciary responsibility that members have entrusted them with.
The Board reviewed the moratorium in 2021 and decided to keep the Vision Award freeze in place, but remove the moratorium on student scholarships. At this time, APTA Virginia is accepting nominations for the following awards:
- Beb Cash Award
- Community Service Award
- Emerging Leader Award
- John L. "Jack" Echternach Research Award
- M. Scott Sullivan Leadership Award
- Physical Therapist Assistant Award
Please note that:
- Board members and Awards Committee members are not eligible nor can they nominate, write letters of support, or endorse an individual for these awards per Policy and Procedures; and
- The Awards Committee will make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding which applicant should receive the awards.