Pediatric SIG Year in Review
2022 PSIG Cafés:
- February 8th: PSIG Networking and small group discussions to get to know our members (facilitated by the PSIG Leadership Advisory Board)
- March 15th: “Aha” Moments from APPTAC and CSM (members contributed)
- May 10th: Recognizing Burnout and Building Resiliency! by Liz Anderson, MS OTR/L, Tammy Blake, OTD, OTR/L, Autumn Carter MS, OTR/L
- September 20th: An Overview of Sensory Processing Disorders and What to Look For by Kristen Klyczek, PT, PhD
- November 15th (Annual Meeting): FUNctional Play and Handling with a Purpose by Melissa “Missy” Rose, PT, DPT, C/NDT
A sincere thank you to Katie Labuda, PT, DPT, PCS! Katie has served as the Pediatric SIG Treasurer for the past four years and her generous support is greatly appreciated. It takes the dedication of committed volunteer leaders like Katie to empower the Pediatric SIG and APTA Virginia.
Kristin Sanders, PT, MPT, PCS, was re-elected as President of the PSIG, and Lauryn Shirkey, SPT (3rd year DPT student) will serve as Board Shadow for Katie Labuda as Acting Temporary Treasurer until Lauryn graduates and is licensed. The PSIG is appreciative of experience and new learners in our leadership roles!
2023 PSIG Cafés Calendar
Mark your calendars for PSIG Cafés in 2023! Third Tuesday of the odd months (skipping July) at 8pm online:
- March 21st: Tone Management by Dr. Kelly Pham of Reach Pediatric Rehab
- May 16th
- September 19th
- Annual Meeting in November – date TBD based on APTA Virginia's Fall meeting