VOMPTI is Offering two options of advanced Physical Therapy clinical education
Offering 2 options of advanced Physical Therapy clinical education.
Physical Therapy Orthopedic Residency Program:
- One-year Orthopedic Residency Program accredited by the APTA
- 4 hours weekly of 1:1 mentoring with a fellowship trained faculty instructor/mentor.
- Completion of the Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy Series.
- Additional external continuing educational opportunities brought to the various clinics in the program throughout the year to add to the eclectic nature of the program.
- A series of continuing education programs based on a clinical reasoning model and emphasizes evidence-based examination and treatment.
- Covers all body regions and incorporates a variety of interventions.
- Provides the physical therapist with a comprehensive continuing professional education course and fully prepare them for the ABPTS Orthopedic Clinical Specialty Examination.
Aaron Hartstein: Associate Professor, Division of Physical Therapy at Shenandoah University
- Professional Highlight: In 2021 he completed his Ph.D. in Health Sciences, University of South Dakota.
- Recent publication
- Feldman K., Hartstein A. Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis in a Patient with Shoulder Pain. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2020; 5(4): 215.
·Recent Publication: Traits and Attributes of a Successful Physical Therapy Resident: A Delphi Study
- Professional Highlights:
- Member of the research committee and podcast co-host with the AAOMPT.
- Associate Editor for the Academy of Orthopedic Physical Therapy Independent Study Courses
- Associate Editor for the Journal of Manual and Manipulative Therapy
- He is currently pursuing his doctorate in health sciences (DHSc) with an anticipated completion in May 2023
- To date, he has 26 peer-reviewed publications & 4 book chapters/monographs