AIM Rehabilitation PT/OT/ST - Commercial Membership Delay
Below is messaging that has come from AIM regarding the Rehab program for Anthem's Commercial Membership. AIM has been asked to clarify the “two-business-day service grace period” and VPTA will update you via the website when we learn more.
Update to the Medicaid requests:
· We have modified the system to allow a two business-day service grace period.
Delay to commercial membership:
- We continue to work on the member, provider and system issues experienced by Anthem and AIM related to the AIM Rehabilitative program for Anthem's Commercial Membership. Due to this effort, the program will remain temporarily delayed. Until further notice for dates of service July 1 and thereafter, coverage for PT/ST/OT visits will not require a prior authorization.
- Due to the rapid decision to extend the temporary delay of the program, we put claims stop processes in place to allow providers to continue to provide treatment and allow claims to process. In some instances, those processes were not immediate. We are running reports and will reprocess claims that were denied for no prior authorization in error after 7/1.
- The program will relaunch no sooner than October 1st. Please access the AIM ProviderPortal or the Anthem electronic newsletters for the exact date. A 30 day notice will be provided.
- As we work to resolve these issues, we will also use this time as an opportunity to facilitate additional training sessions to provide an overview of the program, review available resources and demonstrate the AIM ProviderPortal. Access the AIM Rehabilitation Provider site to register for an upcoming session. There are many resources to assist you (Portal Login Issues (800) 252-2021) and Rehab Questions email@example.com). We are dedicated to providing an efficient portal experience so that providers can focus on delivering effective therapy and helping members avoid invasive surgical procedures which can impact quality and cost of care.
Upcoming Provider Webinars, you can register @www.aimproviders.com/rehabilitation/Webinar.html:
- Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 10:00 AM PST / 11:00 AM MST / 12:00 PM CST / 1:00 PM EST
The AIM Rehabilitation Program Team