Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program Level 2 Course
The Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program Level 2 Course
August 12 - 13, 2023 | Old Dominion University | Norfolk, Virginia
The APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program Level 2 course is designed for health care providers who work primarily in a clinical setting, have successfully completed the APTA CCIP Level 1 course, and want to further develop their clinical teaching skills and construct a clinical curriculum.
The unique philosophy and design of the Level 2 course both apply and go beyond the concepts of the structured learning environment of the Level 1 course to enable clinical educators to achieve the best outcomes for student learning. Additional methods and practices, including the construction of a clinical curriculum, can be learned by attending the Level 2 course.
PT and PTA participants have the ability to earn 1.7 CEUs and the APTA CCIP Level 2 credential.
- Discuss the benefits and key components of a clinical curriculum.
- Advance clinical teaching concepts learned in CCIP Level 1, as applied to the novice-mastery clinical practice continuum.
- Integrate professionalism in a clinical curriculum that promotes the guiding principles to achieve the Vision for the Physical Therapy Profession and the core values.
- Diagnose and foster a student's clinical reasoning.
- Outline a clinical curriculum to provide key learning experiences critical to patient and client management in the student's practice upon graduation and licensure.
Requirements for Taking the Level 2 Course:
- Successfully completed the Level 1 CCIP credential.
- Mentor, supervise, and instruct at least one student since completing the Level 1 CCIP credential.
- Complete an online registration for the course.
- Upload a copy of or provide a link to current license.
- Approval of registration, after review, by the course trainer.
- Complete course prerequisites, including a series of three online professional development modules and a review of four journal articles from APTA's PTJ.
To register, visit ccip.apta.org. Registrants will need the following code to register in APTA's CCIP portal: 202308VA084.
You must complete your course registration on the APTA CCIP website and payment through APTA Virginia. After registering, you will receive an email with a link to pay. Your registration process is not complete until payment is processed via the emailed payment link. If you do not receive a payment link, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Registration closes on Friday, July 21, 2023.